2 acre farm: Cold Frame

2 acre farm

The experiences, trials, and lives on a small farm in rural Illinois.

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Cold Frame

I have been dreaming of a passive solar greenhouse for a while now. I think the idea of a self sustaining greenhouse that would allow me to grow produce through winter would be wonderful. Problem is stuff costs money. So I decided to make a cold frame based on the same principles.

I will be using some old windows, scrap lumber, and left over insulation. I am going to build it at the base of our barn which has a block foundation and wall. I will paint the wall dark and cover it in some solar pool blanket I have access to. This wall and blanket will hopefully absorb and hold enough heat to keep my cold frame/mini greenhouse warm enough to grow greens. We will see. Pictures of the project will be coming as I progress.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Daphne Gould said...

I've chosen you for the Honest Scrap Award. If you want to participate you can check out my post today or if you aren't into memes, feel free to ignore it.

November 8, 2009 at 8:15 AM  
Anonymous Doğan said...

Kanarya Adaları yurtdışı kargo
Kanada yurtdışı kargo
Kamerun yurtdışı kargo
Kamboçya yurtdışı kargo
Jersey yurtdışı kargo

7XM

August 27, 2023 at 12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home