2 acre farm: Garlic Time!

2 acre farm

The experiences, trials, and lives on a small farm in rural Illinois.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Garlic Time!

Yesterday we dug all the garlic and got it curing. We opted for drying it on old window screens instead of tying and hanging it. Since I've already cut the stems, once the garlic dries it will be done. If I had chose to hang the garlic I would have used the stems to tie the garlic together in bunches and removed the stems later. I would rather have that step done with now.  Also, I have read in several sources that cutting the roots down & cutting the stems off will actually help speed the drying process.  
I have to warn anyone reading this blog that also visits us at the market, you shouldn’t get too excited yet, garlic takes a minimum of two weeks to cure. For now all I can offer are some pictures to gawk at.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home