2 acre farm: Fox Hill

2 acre farm

The experiences, trials, and lives on a small farm in rural Illinois.

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Fox Hill

Aimee snagged some photos of one of the foxes the other day. We have at least two of these guys living in and around our woods. I know there are two because I saw two either playing or fighting early one morning. I don’t know a lot about foxes but I am thinking maybe the mates stick together and a mated pair is what I saw. We have seen them around a few times now and I even had the opportunity to watch one chasing a rabbit which was a remarkable thing to witness. They really are a cool animal to observe.
We plan to get some laying hens next spring so it is unfortunate that such a beautiful animal is probably going to become our worst enemy. For now though we can just enjoy them in all there sneaky fox endeavors. Sorry the picture isn't bigger, apparently they don't like to stick around and smile for the camera.


Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Cary ~ My Wool Mitten at Serenity Farms said...

There is always something almost magical about seeing the elusive fox, isn't there?

December 19, 2009 at 10:49 AM  
Blogger Nathan (2af) said...

There really is. I remember when I was a kid seeing a fox was a lot less common it sure is nice to see them making such a come back.

December 19, 2009 at 11:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home